Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rivertown Half-Marathon


New PR at the inaugural Rivertown Half-Marathon in Conway, SC! Well, it was going to be a new official PR anyway, since it was my first road half. Pretty good route except for a couple of miles near the start that were pretty steeply canted. I had to adjust my line a lot to find a flat (or flatter) part of the road. Support on the course was good, with plenty of police/volunteers on the route to keep us on course. I was able to consistently maintain my pace over the course (8:40) to hit my goal time of 1:55. Weather was very good...overcast with temps in the upper fifties to lower sixties. Wore my summer CWX tights and new North Face shirt. Ate one Gu on course about mile 7. Plenty of power left near end to run tempo for the last half mile. Overall, great run!

No comments: